The Open Source Library RXQ was the first
RESTXQ implementation for MarkLogic Server. It was / is a hobby project by
Jim Fuller who worked for MarkLogic at the time of creating the library.
RXQ was used successfully on many commercial projects by MarkLogic Customers.
This page shows a comparison of features supported by XQRS and RXQ. Including a breakdown
of RESTXQ Specification Support as well as additional features useful for creating RESTful Applications
on MarkLogic Server. This document is dated 16th October 2018 and does not take into
consideration any updates / enhancements added to RXQ that have taken place after this date.
- 1 RXQ supports extracting Path Segments via Regular Expressions which map to function parameters in the order in which they appear in the path, it does not however support mapping path segments defined by Annotation Template Grammars to function parameters
- 2 RXQ does not support receiving a HTTP Body containing something like a XML or JSON document via POST or PUT requests
- 3 RXQ does not support multiple Media Types in a Produces Annotation
- 4 RXQ does not support Multi-statement Transactions. See the GitHub issue 11 for more details
- 5 RXQ executes all operations with
xdmp:update set to true, this means that write locks are obtained on any document that is read from. This can cause performance issues and
XDMP-DEADLOCK exceptions. See GitHub issue 25 for more details